Originally constructed in 1864 this Carlton terrace stood on solid foundations however had undergone several unsympathetic renovations and additions. The original house was largely returned to its former grandeur, while a modern extension to the rear was added to provide additional space and amenity. A delineation was made between new and old areas through a distinct change in materials, finishes and proportions.
A difficult orientation was overcome by the inclusion of two centrally located courtyards flanked by large areas of glazing, including a glazed roof, to flood the new extension with light. Planning for the future resulted in the inclusion of an elevator and electric car charging points.
Architect: FORM Architecture Furniture